In 1586, Duke Charlesallowed rural population to form their own congregation. Shortly thereafter began the construction of the first wooden church in Karlskoga. Around the turn of 1600 was completed the wooden building of 6x12 meters.
Over the years, the church was built out more and got timbered walls, with red chips. 1705 - 1706 was cross-arms to the north and south which gave the church its present appearance.
The church has been renovated several times, including the painted white in the late 1700s, which was a common practice then. Nowadays it painted red again, and it can seat approximately 545 guests.
Church particles have different shape. This is because the chips were ordered from different farms in the district, and they were shaped in different ways.
The very first church building now serves as the sacristy, and the walls have biblical paintings done by Duke Charles's palace painter in the late 1500s and considered to have high artistic value.