Yoyoor.com: The location of the Six Harmonies Pagoda was originally the south orchard of the king of the Wuyue state in the Five Dynasties Period (907-960). The pagoda was first built in the third year (970) of the Kaibao reign of the Northern Song Dynasty on the denoted land by Qian Hongshu to control the tides of the Qiantang River. The temple was built at the same time. The 9-storeyed pagoda is more than 50 zhang (1 zhang = 3.33meters) high, steep and grand. Bright lamps were installed on the top for guide the ships to sail in the dark nights. In the third year (1121) of the Xuanhe reign, the Six Harmonies Pagoda was destroyed by the war. The existing brick body was rebuilt in the 26th year (1156) of the Shaoxing reign of the Southern Song Dynasty (1127-1279). The project was not completed until the first year (1165) of the Qianbao reign.