Dopplr Terms of Service
Terms of Service
- You must be 18 years or older to use the Service.
- You are solely responsible for any activity that occurs under your screen name, password or account.
- You are responsible for keeping your password secure and confidential.
- You must not abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate other Dopplr users or use any information obtained from the Service in order to do so.
- You may not use the Dopplr.com service for any illegal or unauthorised purpose. You agree to comply with all local laws (including but not limited to those relating to copyright and other intellectual property rights) that may be applicable to you regarding online conduct and acceptable content
- You are solely responsible for your conduct and any data, text, information, screen names, graphics, photos, profiles, audio and video clips, links and any other content (the "Content") that you submit, post, and display on the Dopplr.com service. You may not submit and display on the Service any copyrighted material, trademarks or other proprietary Content belonging to others without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights.
- You must not modify, adapt or hack Dopplr.com or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with Dopplr.com
- You must not create or submit unwanted email to any Dopplr members ("Spam")
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- You must not, in the use of Dopplr, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
Violation of any of these agreements will result in the termination of your Dopplr.com account. While Dopplr.com prohibits such conduct and content on its site, you understand and agree that Dopplr cannot be responsible for the Content posted on its web site and you nonetheless may be exposed to such materials and that you use the Dopplr.com service at your own risk.
- We reserve the right to modify or terminate the Dopplr.com service for any reason, without notice at any time.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- The Dopplr service may make it possible to post images and text hosted on Dopplr to outside websites. This use is accepted (and even encouraged). However, pages on other websites which display data hosted on Dopplr.com must provide a link back to Dopplr.
- We encourage users to contribute their creations to the public domain or consider progressive licensing terms.
- Dopplr undertakes to obey all relevant copyright laws. We will review all claims of copyright infringement received and remove content deemed to have been posted or distributed in violation of any such laws. To make a claim, please provide us with the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or the person authorised to act on its behalf;
- A description of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
- A description of the infringing material and information reasonably sufficient to permit Dopplr to locate the material;
- Your contact information, including your address, telephone number, and email;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorised by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and, under the pains and penalties of perjury, that you are authorised to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Claims can be sent to copyright (at) dopplr.com or Dopplr Ltd, Sandelsinkatu 2 B 38, 4th.floor, 00260 Helsinki, Finland.
Limitation of Liability
- Dopplr shall not be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising out of the use of or the inability to use the service, or the results or the contents thereof, to the greatest extent permitted by law.